Bowtie Services was inspired by the love of events, the ability to build community connections and the creation of unforgettable experiences. Although we are social beings by nature we must do our part to comply with government directives and adapt our business operations accordingly. We encourage everyone to stay connected with us through social media during this time so we can come together and support one another from a distance.
To our 2020 Spring & Summer clients here are a few things you may wish to consider:
• Please contact us to discuss online options for helping you become more organized during this time. This may included shopping (how to buy and prepare meals in bulk with less waste), meal planning, tips for making the most of your space or general home organization.
• Clients who have services booked between April and August 2020 should have received an email from us with an update on rescheduling their service(s). We appreciate your patience while we wait for guidance from our government on a safe return to work plan.
• Let the venue/vendors take the lead on reaching out to you, especially when your deposit(s) are not refundable as they are more likely to be flexible then if you cancel on them.
• Review your venue/vendor contracts for a clause that addresses what happens when a state of emergency or other disaster arises. In these cases there may be flexibility on deposits, postponements and rebooking dates.
• When considering new dates for your event, think outside the box.
o Look for non-traditional dates such as Fridays, Sundays or weekday. Being flexible means that you may be able to have your event in the same season that you planned.
o Decrease your guest list to smallest number possible.
• Your guests may no longer wish to travel to attend your nuptials. With the use of technology your guests may be included in your event from a safe distance.
• In order to maintain proper social distancing consider hosting your wedding at an outside venue where there is plenty of space and lots of fresh air for your guests.
To our clients who may be required to postpone an event, currently scheduled between 1 May 2020 - 31 August 2020, your contract and deposit may be transferred to a new date based on availability. If we are not available on your new date your deposit will be refunded in full.
At this time Bowtie Services is continuing to book consultations and meetings via phone and with various online methods. If you have any questions about navigating your event through COVID-19 please contact us.